UVESA Certified with Animal Welfare
- AENOR has awarded the WELFAIR ™ Animal Welfare Seal to the Uvesa Group in our poultry farms and processes.
- AENOR Authorized entity for the certification of the WELFAIR ™ protocol can guarantee the requirements established therein, which is based on the Welfare Quality scheme, guaranteeing an exhaustive audit in all phases of production and maximum information and transparency to the consumer.
- Therefore, we ensure compliance with the 4 Criteria of the Animal Welfare Seal to offer better products to our consumers.
What is the WELFARE ™ Animal Welfare seal certified by AENOR?
- The Animal Welfare seal is based on the European benchmark Welfare Quality, whose objective is to harmonize social concern and market demands to develop reliable systems for monitoring product information farms and improving Animal Welfare.
- This new certification responds to the fact that Animal Welfare is not only part of a social responsibility policy, but also has a positive impact on the quality of the food product. It is a pioneering model because, in addition to evaluating aspects related to the facilities, it takes into account different parameters based and evaluated on the animal itself. It is what in Europe is known as animal based measures or outputs.
- These parameters are grouped into four basic principles, which are the basis of the WELFAIR ™ Animal Welfare protocol certified by AENOR. And based on Welfare Quality.
- The objective is to ensure that animals have a good diet, good accommodation, good health and behavior appropriate to the needs of the species. To obtain the certificate, farms must meet 12 requirements that accredit the welfare of livestock under these four basic principles.
What does these 4 basic principles imply?
In the case of good food, it is taken into account that animals are not hungry or prolonged thirst (one that goes beyond hunger and reasonable thirst before eating and drinking). For this, the body condition can be considered, which is evaluated one by one in a previously decided sample of animals; and the availability of drinking fountains with fresh, clean and quantity water, and sufficient flows.
When it comes to good accommodation, it is necessary to consider that animals are comfortable in the rest area, that they can move freely when they wish (ease of movement) and that they are in conditions of thermal comfort (protected from cold and heat ).
With regard to good health, it is analyzed that there is absence of disease, injuries and pain caused by the management itself.
The appropriate behavior parameter evaluates the social behavior criterion (where aggression behaviors between animals are observed), animal man relationship (fear of animals to man), other behaviors important for the species.